I spotted a small mockingbird and a male cardinal in the garden today. The cardinal was rooting around in the lantana, dill and parsley. Was he hunting my caterpillars? The small mockingbird watched me carefully for some time before flying off to another nearby fence to holler for mom and dad.
A garden is the best alternative therapy.
“Soil is a living entity:
the crucible of life,
a seething foundry in which
matter and energy are in
constant flux and life is
— Daniel Hillel,
Out of Earth 1991
Authored by Joseph in Gardening Zone 8b
© 2010-2013 Eternal Forms Photography. All Rights Reserved. No unauthorized reproduction.
The photos on this blog are meant to be enjoyed - all of them can be viewed in a larger size by clicking the photo.
Thank you for reading and viewing!
- Beautiful Amaryllis in Bloom
- The Only Color I See Outside Is In My Own Backyard.
- Basil Loves Texas Heat
- It’s a boy!
- Building a Retreat Web
- Feathered Friends
- A Good Buzz
- Thinking Small
- Silverleaf Nightshade flower
- Keeping My Interest
- Vegetable Harvest
- Beneficial Insect Spotlight: Paper Wasp
- Macro Monday 5.9.11
- The Butterfly Garden and The Reason for My Missing Butterflies
- Walking in the Garden and Enjoying Life
Top Posts Today
- Flowering Plants for Texas and Natives
- How to Harvest Oregano and Marjoram
- How to Harvest Sage
- How to Harvest Thyme
- Harvesting and Drying Herbs: Lavender, Oregano, Thyme and Marjoram
- Vegetable Planting Dates for Central Texas
- Black Swallowtail Caterpillar
- How to Harvest Basil
- Pest Control
- I heart herbs, and my kitchen herb garden
Search Calendar for Posts
Previous Months’ Entries
Austin Area Garden Blogs and Beyond
The following bloggers are a source of information and inspiration. Many are gardeners in the Austin area as well.
Blog Category Search:
Search Blog Tags:
- About Us
- Why Organic?
- Butterfly Terms
- 391,687 hits